Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I AM IRON MAN!

The Iron Man trailer is now available online, direct links are at Dave's Trailer Page. This looks incredible! I don't know jack about Iron Man, but Jon Favreau's adaptation is going to be good if this trailer is any indication. I mean, the cast is terrific on paper - Robert Downey Jr, Terence Howard, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Jeff Bridges - and Favreau proved he had the special effects chops with Zathura, but I still didn't expect it to seem so... cool! I was expecting a B-level superhero film like The Punisher, Daredevil, or Fantastic Four, but this looks like being a bona fide well made, well intentioned film!

Robert Downey Jr. seems like genius casting as a cocky, self-centred multi-millionaire arms dealer. I'm glad this isn't going for an overly dark or dour approach and has some humour thrown in. It may be another origin story, but this origin actually seems a little more interesting than most. The glimpses of Iron Man in action, although it was mostly of the first bulky suit that he creates, looks spectacular! And the actual costume... wow, it looks stunning!

It's due for release in May 2008, so there's a long way to go, but I'm already dying to see it.

No comments: