Monday, September 24, 2007

Sleep the sleep of the dead!

Good news for me, I think! The BBC reports that new research by the University of Warwick and University College London suggests that both increasing or decreasing from seven hours of sleep is bad for one's health. Alright, this kind of research always seems neither here nor there and the conclusions regarding too much sleep are, by the researchers' own admission, not very clear. Too little sleep is always bad -
...the result of sleep curtailment to create more time for leisure and shift-work, has meant that reports of fatigue, tiredness and excessive daytime sleepiness are more common...
I feel that way even though I get seven hours (usually), so my personal sleep requirement must be higher than that! DAMMIT! I barely manage seven as it is! And according to the research, changing from seven could be risky... heh heh, so it looks like it's safest to stick to seven. Which is all I have time for anyway, so I guess in the end it's good news for me. Sort of.

No comments: