Friday, January 25, 2008

SpaceShipTwo Unveiled


Sweet...

One step closer to achieving true space tourism - the space plane and launch vehicle [BBC] for Virgin Galactic's space tourism programme, SpaceShipTwo and White Knight Two respectively, have been finalized and unveiled. They look pretty cool. The first passenger flights are scheduled to start in 2010, and seats cost $200,000 at the moment. My piggy bank is still only half full (I'm silently cursing myself for stealing a few coins from it now and then to fuel my unhealthy confectionery addiction. Damn my weakness!), so it'll be a while yet before I have enough money to make this dream trip become a reality. Hopefully, costs will come down to earth before I become too old and fragile to embark on such an endeavour!

3 comments:

CyberKitten said...

I advise you not to hold your breath just yet.....

Antimatter said...

Oh alright then CK, I guess I should hope to win the lottery in my lifetime instead, and use that to fund my space trip!

CyberKitten said...

I think that actual space tourism - rather than low-orbital flight or a few days in an ageing Russian space station is still probably decades away at the very best.

I was hoping for a few weeks on the Moon or Mars myself - but have managed to come to terms with the inevitable disapointment [grin].